Do you have your turtle set-up pictures up on Flickr or anywhere else online?
Contact me through the comments to let me know so we can feature it here.
The following are pictures of turtle set-ups with Creative Commons licenses I found in Flickr.com. The owners of these photos are in no way affiliated with this website, Pet Turtles And More.
These turtle owners truly love their turtles, however many of these tanks have the following:
- don’t have enough water (do not have the recommended 10 gallons of water for every inch of turtle shell)
- are overstocked, too many animals and not enough water
- have gravel which:
- arguably is not recommended for pet turtles as they can and will ingest them which could lead to impaction
- Unarguably, gravel contributes to a dirtier tank and poorer water quality unless cleaning is done regularly
- have inadequate filtration, i.e. submersible or hang-on filters which are too weak for a turtle tank